Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Harper's 1st Easter and it was a sweet one. Her Gramps and DeDe came for a wonderful ham supper and brought an Easter Basket filled with bunny ears (the non sexy kind) and books and these great letters to put on her wall that spell her name. Wish we could have also been with her other grandparents and cousins and Aunt and Uncle but we will get back east for a visit soon I am sure. Her Grandmama sent her super cute spring outfits that she is a little small for right now but it won't be long before she grows into them. Also got to speak with my Unlce Derek who sent lots of well wishes from all the Baltimore Savage's. I can't wait for her to meet them all.

Before everyone came over this morning I took a nice long walk with Harper down by the lake while Amanda showered and got some much needed solo time. On the way I stopped and spoke with our neighbors Luanne and Chris who have 4 and 14 month old daughters. They are really great people and it will be a great place for Harper to grow up in as she will have lots of friends.

In the afternoon, while she took a long nap in her vibrating seat, we all watched the terrible comedy Balls of Fury and had lots of good laughs at its stupidity. Gramps and DeDe left and we are hoping to take another family stroll tonight as it is simply gorgeous outside.

Back to work tomorrow after a great break. This time with Harper and Amanda has been so wonderful. As I get to spend the long days with them I feel like each moment they both teach me something new and I hope I am becoming a better father and a better husband. I am truly thankful for these great blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Keep fighting the good fight and stay off the otc drugs. Happy Easter to you crazies.

    ReplyDelete